We all know that on 26th of January the constitution of India came into force, India celebrates this day as Republic Day. First time the President of U.S.A. Barack Obama is going to attend the Republic Day celebration in New Delhi. Prime Minister Narendra Modi invited him on Twitter.
But few of us know about “The man behind the Constitution of India Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar (Baba Saheb)” and many of you don’t know these things about Dr. B.R. Ambedkar that we are going to share in this article.
1. He was the India’s first law Minister (15 August 1947- September 1951).
2. Ambedkar completed his law degree and various doctorates from Columbia University and London School Of Economics.
3. Ambedkar born in a Dalit Family, But he converted into Buddhism in 1956.
4. He was honoured with Bharat Ratna in 1990 (India’s highest civilian award).
5. He made lot of efforts to uplift the untouchables in order to educate them.
6. Ambedkar opposed article 370 in the constitution, which gives a special status to the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
7. He was the first Indian to pursue an Economics doctorate degree abroad.
8. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) was based on the ideas that Ambedkar presented to the Hilton Young Commission.
9. After the death of his first wife in 1935. He married to Dr. Shardha Kabir (A Saraswat Brahmin) on 15 April 1948. She adopted the name Savita Ambedkar.
10. A memorial for Ambedkar was established in his Delhi house at 26 Alipur road. His birth date is celebrated as a public holiday known as Ambedkar Jyanti.